Sunday 5 January 2014

Essenza di Natale




  If someone asked me what the essence of Christmas is, I definitely would not hesitate to say: the Birth of our Lord Christ.

We shouldn’t just celebrate December 25th with a feast, since it is the birth date of Christ, we should offer thanks and praise! It’s not just a remembrance of his birth, every year on that same day, he is reborn within our hearts. Not all Christians recognize or acknowledge this date. I say, "Praise the Lord."

One thing's sure and nothing's surer:
Jesus Christ is the complete essence of Christmas.


But when I considered all these, I wondered if these are all what Christmas is all about. It is certainly more than these. What then is the main reason for the celebration? Jesus Christ is the complete essence of Christmas. 25th Dec is the accepted birthday celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ and it has been named Christmas. This is a celebration that is honoured mostly by Christians.

- Ifeoma

But there’s more! For non-Christians, the essence of Christmas is love. This may be true for some, and wrong for the others, but I consider both. Even if it happens to turn into one of those, I will be happy. I hate to use such a platitudinous line, but I imagine that by the time anyone lays eyes on these words, I hope they realize the real essence of Christmas. I hardly need to remind the reader about Christmas. The complete meaning should come from their own minds. Their own perspective;  pathetically mature way of thinking. Looking back, I can only surmise that God smile down on us even if we don't consider his son as the real essence of Chrsitmas. Perhaps he only wanted him to be remembered. Perhaps we will know that someday. Who knows? I, for one, consider every little thing, call it love or happiness, birth or death, as essences of Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment