Thursday 20 February 2014

My Dream, My Future

A dream can be the highest point of a life.
- Ben Okri

Wake up on your own and look around you, 'cause you're not alone.
Release your high hopes and they'll survive
'cause this is the future and you are alive.

I myself agree that the best thing for one would be to believe in oneself and concentrate on achieving priority goals. I hate to say it, but it's all we can do. Patience is the most important thing. Education is the key to success, might I say.


I was impressed anew by the variety of dreams and goals life could offer.

Serving was the one small dream of my one small life. The others thought I wanted to be a writer, because I was always alone with a book, but I had no such ambition. 'I'll be a guardian of the law,' that's what I used to tell myself. But I never found the right words to express myself. I wasn't going to let it beat me. I figured it'd be exceedingly pleasing to have more-than-one professional careers. I want to be a soldier and a historian at once. Wouldn't it be profound to be a Lieutenant like Soma Peries? Or a Colonel and Tactical forecaster like Kati Mannequin? I have a number of dreams I would allow myself to pass, but this one? Yes, I wanted to put it into action, and of course, to have it achieved.

First lieutenant Soma Peries
We have to go on unraveling the jumbled threads one at a time, without losing hope. I know it's going to be hard, but keep your hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment